The Building Process
We are going to show you how easy it is to build your home, how you can help make the process easy & enjoyable and why Wedmaier Homes is the best choice for you to get the home you have always dreamed of.
The key to how we do things is we are not trying to take over the world. We are committed to every client we take on board. You get Bruce and Baz’s phone numbers right from the start and at any time you have a question, you get to deal directly with the owners – from 1st meeting right through to receiving your keys.
Once you have made the decision to build it’s our job to make it simple and enjoyable. The process is broken down like this:
Step 1 - The Land and Design – when the dreams start to take some shape
- Find your land to build your new house (if you don’t already have it). In some cases, we may be able to assist in find you a block or helping you assess which block is best for you if you are considering a number of blocks.
- Pick your house design from one of our standard designs or talk to us about a custom designed home for you. There are NO additional costs for a custom designed home so don’t worry if the standard designs don’t suit you. We have a meeting to discuss all the wants and needs to your home to gain a full understanding of what you are looking for. At this point we will also ask you about your budget to fully understand what you are trying to achieve and to make sure we are giving you the best and most accurate advice.
- Collate the required information for you home including the Registered Plan for the land, Estate Developer Guidelines (if any) and Soils Report and Proof of Ownership.
- Discuss the inclusions you want in your home and any plan changes. We may end up adjusting your plans a few times to get what you want before quoting. This is completely normal.
Step 2 - The Building Specification – The list of everything included in your home
- We will present you with a full Building Specification which includes the list of all items that are included in your home. It highlights any special features you have requested and also includes the all important quote.
- Preliminary Plans for you to review.
- This is your last practical opportunity to make changes – you can make them later but this may cost more to do so. We work with you to try and avoid this.
Step 3 - The Contracts – You are happy and it’s time to start building
- Sign the Master Builders Contracts, final Building Specifications and Preliminary Plans
- This, along with the plans and specifications is all the information your financial institution will need to arrange your loans
Step 4 - Selections (aka Shopping!)
- You get to go shopping as we start the selection process. This includes choosing your colour schemes, appliances, plumbing items, electrical items and many more details that we will put in your new home.
Step 5 - Finalising Everything – The last of the paperwork
- Sign final selection documents
- Sign final building application for council
Step 6 - Building
- Sit back, relax and keep in touch with us as we build your home.
So how do we get from where you are today to being able to start designing your home? For us to help you, the more information the better of course. However, there are no rules. Some people know exactly what they want and have all the answers, some have a few sketches of ideas drawn on a piece of scrap paper. Just bring what you have and we will be able to work from there. As a guideline, here are some things that may be required for your design that can help both you and us through the initial process:
|Plan on you land (SP/RP)
||Floor Plan Ideas
||Floor Plan Sketches
||Fully Designed Plans
|Waste Management Report
|Contour Survey Plans
||Full Working Drawings
|Site Survey Plans
||Interior Design Ideas
|Energy Efficiency Report
||Photos of other houses/aspects you may like
Now I am sure there are things there that you have never heard of and others you may think are exactly the same as the next. Don’t worry, you don’t have to be an expert. That is our job. Just bring what you have and what you know and we will walk you through the rest of the finer points but the more information, ideas and details the better.
I am guessing that is enough information for you to start planning your next step. Of course, I fully expect you will have many more questions in the coming days and weeks to get from now to start building.
Good luck with your next step and we look forward to helping you in the near future.